I’m not especially old. I haven’t been particularly productive either. Nevertheless, every time I got a request for references, a curriculum vitae, a portfolio, a list of projects, I struggled. I had to go through resumes who were never up to date, browse two and often more hard disks, search the internet for references and links. In many cases, I realised after sending the material that potentially relevant items were missing.
The purpose of this blog is to serve as an archive and a reference source of my work. It will also be a platform for sharing some of the experiences, learnings and findings of the work carried out during these past 20 years in pure and applied cognitive science; system, product and service design.
I’m sure sharing this material will lead to new stimulating conversations.
- Cognitive Scientist: pure research at the University of Edinburgh and the Ecole Polytechnique, Paris (1986-1995)
- Cognitive Engineer: applied research and system design at the Ecole Polytechnique and CBJ (1993-1999)
- Human-Computer Interaction Lead and Professor: web research and design at CBJ and IconMedialab; research and teaching at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Telecommunications, Paris (1998 – 2004)
- Design Manager: mobile devices and services design at Nokia (2005 – 2009)
- Strategy and Planning Manager: devices, services and solutions at Nokia (2009 to current)